The Lotus anti-tank mine (or Lotus for short) is a type of UNSC area-denial ordnance that can be described as "flowerlike." It is a disk a quarter meter across with spikes along the rim to stabilize it when buried.
The shaped charge may be triggered in a number of ways. A proximity sensor makes the Lotus effective against lower hovering vehicles such as those used by the Covenant. The sensor may also be enabled remotely and its sensitivity altered for use against infantry. The Lotus anti-tank mine also has a countdown mode. The charge itself is powerful enough to penetrate the armor of a Scorpion Tank.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Halo: Ghosts of Onyx, chapter 39
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Halo: First Strike, page 314
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 27
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Halo: The Fall of Reach, chapter 35
- ↑ Halo: The Fall of Reach, prologue