The Kilo-Five Trilogy, written by Karen Traviss, fleshes out the events of the post-war era following Halo 3. The first book in the Kilo-Five Trilogy, Halo: Glasslands, is a sequel to Halo: Ghosts of Onyx and was published on October 25, 2011. The second book in the trilogy, Halo: The Thursday War, was published on October 2, 2012. The final book in the trilogy, Halo: Mortal Dictata, was published in January 2014.
The trilogy centers around a UNSC Special Ops team tasked with sowing dissension amongst the Sangheili after the events of the Human-Covenant war. Their mission is threefold: to arm the faction that opposes the Arbiter's faction (on the basis of the Office of Naval Intelligence's concern that the Arbiter is not a true ally to humanity), to keep both sides at each others' throats, and to gather intelligence.
The team was hand-picked by Admiral Parangosky and consists of:
- Dr. Evan Philips, a Sangheili language and culture expert.
- Black Box (BB), Parangosky's personal AI.
- Three ODSTs: Vaz, Mal, and Devereaux.
- Naomi-010, an active SPARTAN-II.
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Bestselling Author Karen Traviss Set To Explore The Halo Universe
- ↑ Halo Waypoint, Tor Books Announces the Third Halo Novel in the Kilo-Five Trilogy by Karen Traviss.