| This article is about upcoming material. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.|
For more information, see the Citation Policy.
This article or section's title is a callsign, an alias, or a nickname, as no proper name for the subject has been revealed. You can help by adding it if it is now known.
Halo 6[Note 1] is an upcoming sequel to Halo 5: Guardians which is being developed by 343 Industries, and will release on both Xbox and PC platforms. As of September 25, 2015, planning had already begun on the game, and its story was in production, with the writing process having already commenced in some capacity. Halo 6 will have a story that is "much more human" than Halo 5: Guardians', and will "double down" on Master Chief, giving him more focus than he received in the previous game.
Halo 6 will likely feature the cooperative play system of Halo 5: Guardians. Furthermore, it will support splitscreen and it will also have a beta prior to its release. Halo 6 was not present at E3 2017, and at the time, Jeff Easterling stated in a Halo Waypoint blog post that its reveal "won't be soon", implying a longer than usual development cycle for a main Halo game.
- A joke script for the game, titled Halo 6: Yabda Cuts Loose was used as a prop in the Halo Mannequin Challenge. It was written by Nick Ardizzone, and starred the titular Unggoy, Yabda "the Merciless".
- ↑ Halo 6 is an inferred title, as no official title for the game has yet been revealed. As 343 Industries have expressed a desire to move away from numbered titles, it is possible and likely that the final game will not be titled Halo 6.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 ResetEra - Phil Spencer Hints at Classic Halo Coming to PC ("We have stated a number of times that our future games (starting with Halo Wars 2 and Halo Wars 1 on Steam) will be coming for Xbox and PC. So if there was a "Halo 6" it would by that logic come to PC." - Frank "Stinkles" O'Connor)
- ↑ GamesRadar+ - 343 has started on Halo 6 and knows "what's going to happen 10 years from now"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Time - Halo's Frank O’Connor Reacts to Criticism of Halo 5
- ↑ WCCFTech - 343i Acknowledges Halo 5 Storytelling Mistake, Will Double Down on Master Chief Focus
- ↑ YouTube - IGN, D.I.C.E Summit 2017 (Day 2) - IGN Live (1:31:27)
- ↑ IGN - All Future Halo Games Will Have Betas, Says 343 Industries
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - News, Flood of Emotion
- ↑ YouTube - Halo, Halo Mannequin Challenge
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder, Bounty Hunters