| This article is about upcoming material. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.|
For more information, see the Citation Policy.
This article or section's title is a callsign, an alias, or a nickname, as no proper name for the subject has been revealed. You can help by adding it if it is now known.
Halo 6 is an upcoming Halo game that was announced during Microsoft's 2011 E3 presentation as what would have been the third and final chapter in the Reclaimer Trilogy. Its story is currently in production and will be "much more human" than Halo 5: Guardians' story. It will also have more focus on the Master Chief by "doubling down" on him. The gameplay will likely continue the cooperative play system of Halo 5. Halo 6 will have splitscreen and it will also have a beta prior to its release. Halo 6 was not present at E3 2017, and will not be revealed for quite some time, implying a longer than usual development cycle for a main Halo game.
- A joke script for the game, titled Halo 6: Yabda Cuts Loose was used as a prop in the Halo Mannequin Challenge. It was written by Nick Ardizzone.
- ↑ GamesRadar+ - 343 has started on Halo 6 and knows "whats going to happen 10 years from now"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Time - Halo's Frank O’Connor Reacts to Criticism of Halo 5
- ↑ Wccftech - 343i Acknowledges Halo 5 Storytelling Mistake, Will Double Down on Master Chief Focus
- ↑ YouTube - IGN, D.I.C.E Summit 2017 (Day 2) - IGN Live (1:31:27)
- ↑ IGN - "Going forward, you will never see a Halo game coming out without a beta." -Bonnie Ross
- ↑ IGN - E3 2017: HALO 6 REVEAL 'WON'T BE SOON,' SAYS 343 INDUSTRIES
- ↑ YouTube - Halo, Halo Mannequin Challenge
- ↑ Halo Waypoint - Canon Fodder, Bounty Hunters